Halt the spread of certain cancersPosted: November 21, 2012
Curcumin could halt the spread of prostate and breast cancer…
Curcumin has been shown to fight inflammation and help protect the heart after surgery. It could also help combat a type of liver disease linked to obesity, liver cancer and even help prevent Alzheimer’s disease and death.
Now, thanks to this latest research, there’s even more good news about curcumin – the active ingredient in turmeric, that gives the spice its cheery colour… The researchers discovered that curcumin may also stop cancer tumours from forming.
This is important because prostate cancer is often diagnosed after metatastic tumours have developed in other organs. And in 3% of the time, the metastases are deadly.
This ancient spice was discovered thousands of years ago
Research results offer hope for prostate and breast cancer…
In the study, researchers wanted to establish how effectively curcumin could prevent prostate cancer from spreading. Both in prostate cancer as well as in breast cancer, tumour cells promote inflammation. The research showed that curcumin decreased the release of two pro-inflammatory proteins (cytokines).
This means curcumin could be safely used to prevent cancer and suppress the spread of cancer when it’s discovered.
One of the best aspects of curcumin is it’s well-tolerated – there have been no reports of any side-effects. This isn’t the case with chemo and radiation, obviously. And because it’s so well tolerated, the researchers say it can be recommended to anyone who has a higher risk profile for tumours.
You can take up to 8g of curcumin per day safely. If you have prostate problems, speak to your doctor about adding curcumin to your daily supplement regimen. And if you’re a woman who has a family history of breast cancer you may wish to do the same. You can buy curcumin in supplement form from good health shops, in case of difficulty, contact Health Works on (011) 325 5169 to order
… and another wonderful article can be found here (Dr Mercola’s site)
Some extracts hereunder –
13 Ways this Ancient Herb Can Help You
Spice Up Your Life (and Your Health*)
Let me summarize thirteen ways this 100% certified organic-based Turmeric can spice up your whole person:
- Boosts your antioxidant protection against free radicals*
- Helps promote your healthy skin*
- Supports your overall eye health*
- Provides you immune system support*
- Aids your skeletal system and joint health*
- Encourages your healthy liver function*
- Helps you maintain healthy cells with support against free radicals*
- Balances the health of your digestive system*
- Aids you in support of healthy blood and your circulatory system*
- Helps you maintain normal cholesterol levels to support your cardiovascular system*
- Assists your neurological system’s healthy response to stress*
- Promotes a healthy female reproductive system*
- Helps you maintain blood sugar levels already within the normal range*
Millions of people use turmeric on a daily basis in their lives today. In India alone, up to 500 million people use it in one form or another every day.
Isn’t it time you gave your body what it deserves?
Make Sure Your Herbal Supplement Comes from a
Certified Organic Producer Committed to Quality Processes
The key to delivering an organic-based turmeric supplement rests in the manufacturer’s commitment to quality and excellence.
In fact, I believe that without these quality processes in place, it really doesn’t matter what organic herbs are harvested. You simply won’t end up with a top-notch consistent organic formula. In turn, you won’t receive the maximum potential value of the herb.
So, it’s important to highly scrutinize and research the manufacturer’s credentials.
In fact, you may not be able to stop with the manufacturer alone. Keep in mind, the total organic process involves planting, cultivation, selective harvesting, and then producing and packaging the final formula.
Here’s the type of certifications I recommend you look for:
- Hazards and Critical Control Points (HACCP) — International food safety certification that World Health Organization (WHO) standards are met
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) — HACCP-based food safety and risk management system covering the identification of food safety, quality risks, and the validation and monitoring of control measures
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) — International certification verifies all required practices necessary for an effective food safety program are followed
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2000 — International standard for quality, safety, ecology, economy, reliability, compatibility, inter-operability, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Orthodox Union (OU) Kosher — Certifies compliance for Kosher observers and followers
- International organic certifications such as: USDA, EU, and NSOP (India)
Use This Checklist to Find Your Highest Quality Turmeric
To take advantage of all the great benefits turmeric has to offer you, I created a checklist on what you should look for in a turmeric supplement.
Whatever you do, don’t settle for second best.
Here’s my checklist to help you find the best turmeric source:
- Contains only 100% certified organic ingredients — Turmeric extract with at least 95% curcuminoids
- Comes in supplement form — Don’t rely on your typically low quality and unpredictable local grocery store spice. Additionally when you heat the spice during cooking many of the beneficial properties are lost.
- Avoids fillers, additives, and excipients — No need for questionable “other ingredients” in the formula
- Provides a vegetable capsule — Avoid gelatin-based capsules whenever possible
- Is produced by a certified organic manufacturer with high-quality organic and safe production practices — Don’t settle for second best here!
and comments from a South AFrican GP in response to the above :
I have used it in 2 patients …………1 with Liver cancer and with womb cancer.
Both are progressing very well……….God bless…Dr M