Deal with Old Scars naturallyPosted: July 9, 2013
Natural, Safe and Effectively Ways to
Lessen and Eliminate Old Scars
Few of us go through life without accumulating a few scars. Sometimes those scars can be unsightly and in other instances old scars and scar tissue can cause physical discomfort and other problems. If a person is persistent, scars can often be greatly diminished and even eliminated naturally. Before opting for cosmetic surgery, chemical peels or botox, consider the following safer options:
The first item to consider is digestive enzymes, which are particularly effective in removing and reducing scar tissue. Scars are formed from fibrin as part of the body’s natural repair mechanism. Digestive enzymes dissolve and remove fibrin. Serrapeptase and nattokinase are among the best enzymes for scar tissue removal. Taking the enzymes in quantity 2-3 times daily on an empty stomach gradually dissolves scar tissue. In time even old scar tissue, including keloids, can be dissolved and “eaten away”.
For more information, see – tbyil.com/Enzymes
Other natural remedies for lessening and eliminating scars are:
* Applying and massaging lavender oil directly on scars helps them fade and in time can completely eliminate scars. Lavender oil also helps newer injuries heal faster with the application of lavender oil.
* Flaxseed oil is a great way to fade scars. You can buy it at almost any health food store. It is also great for new scars, helping them heal faster and keeping them from becoming as noticeable. Rub the flaxseed oil on old and new scars a few times each day, including after you shower and again before going to bed.
* Virgin, unrefined hempseed oil used twice daily often results in improvement and fading within a few weeks
* Apply vitamin K cream topically to scars. Depending on the severity of your scars and skin type, you may see results in as little as a couple of weeks to a couple of months when used twice daily.
* Apply olive oil (100% extra virgin) to scars at least twice a day. Within a week you should start to see scars and stretch marks starting to fade.
* Organic raw honey (especially high UMF factor manuka honey) rubbed onto scars twice daily will break up scar tissue and help with healing.
* Take finely ground, powder-like, coffee and mix it with one of the oils mentioned here. Rub into scars for about 60 seconds and wipe off the coffee grounds with a warm moist towel. Do this about twice a day if possible. You should see noticeable results in a few weeks. This remedy is especially good for stretch mark scars.
* Use castor oil, plastic wrap and a heating pad. Note: Be sure to use only food grade plastic wrap that contains no bisphenol A, a dangerous substance found in many plastics. Rub plenty of castor oil on the scars and then wrap it with plastic wrap. Place a heating pad turned on as high a setting as you comfortably stand and leave on for 20 to 25 minutes. You may see noticeable results in as little as a week or so.
* Use vitamin E oil from punctured gel caps and rub it into scars.
* Colloidal Silver. Colloidal silver is especially good on healing wounds. It aids in tissue repair and can result in significantly lessened scarring.
* Massaging your scars often and consistently will help break up the fibrous tissue and can be especially effective when combined with one of the oils mentioned above.
Note: The key to natural lessening and elimination of scar tissue is persistence. Serious scars may take up to several months, but with persistent and consistent effort you should eventually see good results.
About the Author
Tony Isaacs is a natural health advocate and researcher and the author of books and articles about natural health including Cancer’s Natural Enemy. Mr. Isaacs is a contributing author for SANEVAX and his articles are regularly featured at Natural News, the Health Science Institute’s Healthiertalk website, CureZone, the Crusador online, AlignLife, the Cancer Tutor, the American Chronicle and several other venues. Mr. Isaacs also has The Best Years in Life website for baby boomers and others wishing to avoid prescription drugs and mainstream managed illness and live longer, healthier and happier lives naturally. In addition, he hosts the Yahoo Oleandersoup Health group of over 2000 members and the CureZone “Ask Tony Isaacs – Featuring Luella May” forum.