Cancer cure with TurmericPosted: November 13, 2013
WOMAN STUNS RESEARCHERS BY OVERCOMING CANCER WITH TURMERIC SPICE
(In South Africa Turmeric capsules are available from http://www.biosil.co.za)
After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008 and undergoing chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery to remove her tumour and one of her breasts, Vicky Sewart from Devon was advised to take Tamoxifen – a drug commonly issued during the post-cancer remission stage.
However, Sewart refused.
6 Studies on Turmeric Spice and Cancer
1. Doctors at UCLA recently found that curcumin, the main component in turmeric, appeared to block an enzyme that promotes the growth of head and neck cancer.
3. The medical director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine Dr. Randy J. Horwitz wrote a paper for the American Academy of Pain Management in which he cited a 2006 University of Arizona study that examined the effect of turmeric on rats with injected rheumatoid arthritis. According to Horwitz, pretreatment with turmeric completely inhibited the onset of rheumatoid arthritis in the rats. Additionally, the study found that using turmeric for existing arthritis resulted in significant reductions of symptoms.
4. Rodent studies at the University of Texas indicate that curcumin inhibits the growth of a skin cancer, melanoma and also slows the spread of breast cancer into the lungs.
5. Kansas State University research found that adding certain spices, including turmeric, can reduce the levels of heterocyclic amines — carcinogenic compounds that are formed when meats are barbecued, boiled or fried — by up to 40 percent.
6. Epidemiologists have hypothesized that the turmeric that is part of daily curries eaten in India may help explain the low rate of Alzheimer’s disease in that country. Among people aged 70 to 79, the rate is less than one-quarter that of the United States.